Welcome! We hope to answer your questions about iGo and better serve you while you walk through this process with your student. Here is some basic information on how your student will benefit from serving with us and some of what iGo provides.
How Students Benefit from the Trip:
iGo Global is a training organization at its very core. This means that:
- We are devoted to discipling your student as they pursue Christ.
- We are training them to lead themselves and others in a way that makes an impact on the world around them.
- We are creating a lasting impact on their Biblical worldview and how they view ministry by teaching them that missions is a lifestyle, not a trip.
When your student serves with iGo they:
- Serve strategically alongside local church planters who are working to establish churches among unreached people groups.
- Learn from local church planters what it looks like to live on mission during everyday life no matter where they are.
iGo has been and still is a fundamental element in my Christian development and faith. Father has used them so greatly in my life that I can honestly say without the teaching, training, and mentoring I received through them, I would not be the man of Christ I am today.
Gavin H, Alum
Expectations: What iGo Global Provides:
- Extensive safety precautions: Safety is a high priority for us. Click here to see a list of specific steps iGo Global takes to ensure the safety of our teams.
- Communication: You will receive a steady stream of updates and communication throughout the year from your student’s Trip Coordinator.
- Leaders: All of our teams are sent with leaders who are highly qualified, trained, and experienced.
- Fundraising help: We provide a booklet and other online resources to help with fundraising.
- All inclusive trip costs: The cost of the trip covers all travel, training, meals, supplies, traveler’s insurance etc.
- Training: Each team spends 2-3 days at an intense training program called Base Camp before their trip.
- Parent Meeting: There is a special meeting just for parents at Base Camp where you can ask questions, meet the student’s Trip Coordinator and Team Leader(s) and hear more about your student’s training before they leave.
- Field Updates: Want to hear from your student while they are serving with us? The 963 Blog is a way for your student to share with you what they are learning and how the Lord is moving in the city where they are serving.
Straight from Parents & Alumni
Having both sent my teens with iGo and participated as an adult chaperone, I can confidently state that the leadership iGo sends on their trips is exceptional. I had no doubt that the Team Leader both summers was someone trained and competent to handle any situation encountered during the trip.
Beverly W, Parent
Those trips have absolutely become definitive experiences in my walk and ministry. I'm currently in sales and work with the college ministry at our church, but Father used iGo to give me a real passion to equip the church to live missionally.
Doug B, Alum
The team at iGo was so accommodating and made us feel very at ease, making sure that we stayed informed in every step of the process and answering any questions that arose.
Robin S, Parent