In honor of Valentine’s Day and the 2011 mascot, we wanted to send a special message from our staff to you:
During this season of thankfulness, we wanted to highlight staff members and their families and let them share a few of the things they’re most thankful for. Let us know what you’re thankful for in the comments section!
- God’s unfailing provision
- Thoughtful family, friends, & supporters
- The opportunity to have some pretty amazing life-adventures
- The Lord’s provision in all things
- The people He has placed in my life, that I get to walk alongside each day
- Juice Boxes
- For the opportunity to get to serve the Lord and work doing things I love, through the church and through iGo
- For two really amazing kids who teach me so much
- My gracious and faithful, smoking hot wife
- The grace I’m shown daily that gives me a clearer picture of the Gospel
- A staff to work with that is encouraging, sharpening and like-minded
- Shoes. Cute shoes can make anybody look good.
Jami Lee Gainey
- The first ever iGo conference, and how it reminded me of how blessed I am to work with people who love and encourage others to love the church
- The undeserved opportunity to be a part of a church plant alongside my husband and other great friends
- The blessing of experiencing the TSSG trip this past summer in Japan with my husband, mother, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law
- For a little girl in Ethiopia who will soon become my daughter
- Thankful I was blessed to have 12 great years with my lab, Mo (he passed away in August).
- For Napoli’s Lunch Special. 2 slices of round Italian food for only 4 bucks.
- A son that’s potty trained
- Friends who faithfully petition the Lord on my family’s behalf
- Grace and hope that come through Jesus
- Getting to spend time with family
- Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin candles - basically anything pumpkin flavored
- My wife
- The people around me who have pointed us to adoption
- Getting to work with good friends and leaders
- Parents that live out the Gospel
- iGo Partners that give financially and walk alongside me
- Cute Aprons
- The Word of God
- My husband
Elizabeth, our office manager, has one of the cutest little boys in the world. We got this great pic of him with his favorite iGosian veggies! Check out his awesome shirt!
My name is Elizabeth Junell and I’m the Business Manager at iGo Global. I feel the need to introduce myself because many of you don’t know me and probably have never even seen me.
I’m the one that processes your application when they come to our office. I’m the one that enters your application once you’ve been accepted, and most importantly, I’m the one who processes your payments. I may not ever get to meet you or get to travel with you overseas but I feel I know each and every one of you because I have seen your pictures and I deal with your files on a daily basis.
To fill you in, I’ve been with iGo for 4 years this summer. Before working at iGo, I taught for 9 years. I’ve coached volleyball, basketball, track, and even was a cheerleading coach for 6 years. My husband Clint and I have one son, Brock. He will be two in March and he is the source of a lot of fun and plenty of entertainment. I love to sew and read. Right now I spend a lot of time playing trains with Brock. Clint and I love to ski and would love to live in Colorado some day.
Working at iGo has never felt like a job. Other than the 45-minute drive, I always look forward to going to work. We all like each other, we enjoy working together and we get to be part of God’s awesome plan of sending students to the nations. I am so grateful that God has given me this incredible group of people to work with.
Because I’m around these guys on a regular basis, I feel I know them very well. They all have some quirky tendencies and I thought you might find them interesting:
Ky is almost always chewing on a straw. You may have noticed this and thought it was gum. Nope. If he recently drank with a straw, chances are it is now folded up very small and he’s chewing on it.
Brad NEVER EVER EVER puts the toilet seat down. I feel this will change pretty soon as he and his wonderful wife add a second daughter to their family. The girls will out number the boys 3 to 2. I often wonder if he just does this to annoy me.
Lance has an unhealthy obsession with the Republic of Texas. Ask him one day how he feels about his oldest son Austin being born in the state of Indiana.
Kent loves to drink tea. This isn’t a surprise to anyone. What I find weird is that he reuses his Styrofoam cups over and over and over and as you can image, this distorts the natural color of the Styrofoam. Until I started working with Kent, I didn’t know Styrofoam could be the color of cooked hamburger meat.
Chassidy or as Brock likes to call her “Chassy” is uncharacteristically strong and she has some unknown issues with mail. Chassy is gracious enough to open the mail for me most days and to speed things up she uses my letter opener. Since May, she has broken 4 letter openers. The letter openers are pretty tough so obviously Chassy uses too much muscle and must be mad that she’s opening the mail so she takes it out on the envelopes.
Crystal loves to bake and she is very good at it. She is very talented and she makes some of the most creative flavors of cupcakes I have ever seen. Here’s the quirky fact—she doesn’t eat them. She spends all the time and effort to make them look absolutely beautiful and taste amazing and she won’t even eat them. Something else that’s kind of crazy about Crystal—she can’t tell time unless it’s on a digital clock!
Jami Lee hates onions. When we go out to eat she always asks the waiter if anything has onions in it and if it does, she wants that on the side. When she eats salsa, her bowl will be completely empty except for a pile of onions. She also loves ketchup and she always uses a copious amount.
Allison is very quiet and I haven’t been around her enough to find out all her quirks. What I do know though is that she is quick to defend everyone. Anytime someone is being made fun of in the office she is quick to come to their defense. If you know our office, you know someone is always being picked on.
Aaron can walk and talk, exactly like the alien from Men In Black. For the most part I consider Aaron to be pretty reserved, but give him some music and a camera and he comes to life.
Emily might just be quirk-free. She did, however, marry Ky so I guess she’s a little quirky.
James’s nickname is Rowdy but as long as I’ve known him I’ve NEVER EVER seen him be rowdy.
Jonathan is quirky defined.
Sarah is the only person I know who goes to the Ellen show around Christmas and wins about 25 prizes worth over $2,000 and gives them ALL away.
I haven’t listed any of my quirks but after reading this blog I’m sure my fellow co-workers will draw up a list of their own.